Tuesday 28 May 2013

CVNT TR4XXX “Basic Bitches" [JAVIER NINJA battles DARREN SUAREZ, Manchester Feb 2013]



In February of this year I was asked to dj at the House Of Contact event at the Contact Theatre here in Manchester (above), where JAVIER NINJA vogued off against Liverpool's DARREN SUAREZ. 

I just have to say… JAVIER FUCKING NINJA - yes that Javier Ninja, child of Icon Willi Ninja, battling to one of my own tracks.

He was not there in person, he was beamed in via live link-up to face off against House of Suarez’ Darren Suarez for five minutes, and I got to choose the tracks they worked to. We rehearsed earlier in the day and I got to play a bunch of different stuff for Darren and Javier, but “Basic Bitches" easily got the best reaction. Javier, who is a modern vogue legend and whose hands performance at the Latex Ball in 2006 I watch almost religiously, actually said “I am gagging for this track".

Once again, in quotation marks this time: 

"I am GAGGING for this track" JAVIER NINJA (legendary House Of Ninja, NYC)

Javier Ninja was gagging for my track.

I could’ve shat.

 I almost did later, when my Mac froze just as the curtain was about to go up. Maybe the Legends were smiling on us then, as after one reboot it was smooth sailing for the whole evening. I make music for dancers, specifically voguers. Looking at Javier move his body to music has been incredibly inspirational to me,. so to have him compliment my music, both verbally AND physically, has been an absolute honour.



"Basic Bitches" is available on the “DEATH DROPS" EP. 

No comments:

Post a Comment